Thursday, July 11, 2013

Girls Camp Part 1

So for Girl's Camp this year, I was a 5th year and had so much fun.  I was assigned a "Secret Sister" and it took me forever to find gifts.  After ransacking Pinterest and Google, I realized I would have to be creative by myself.  I was just talking about this with my cousin Shaylee...because of Pinterest, we never actually have our own ideas anymore, we just use someone elses.  
Here's what I did--feel free to copy! 

I attached the EXTRA Diligent thingy-ma-bobber to a pack of extra gum and gave it to my secret sister with the Galatians scripture, and I put the Camp Blow Dryer card in a bag with a balloon. And just for fun I put a water bottle with a Drink Mix attached to it on her pillow. I put the Spiritual Directory Assistance on her pillow the last day of camp. Scroll down for links.

“Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty. Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Happiness, Your Heritage,” Nov. 2008 general conference

By the way, if you don't know what Girl's Camp is--it's part of my religion.  We young women go to camp and have so much fun as well as strengthen our testimonies in the gospel.  I'm a 5th year which means this is my fifth year going and I get to help plan/prepare for it as well as have leadership experiences.



Sorry- in the Google Docs page it's a little off- I made it in Microsoft Word.

and the Galatians quote was given to me by a YW leader, but I searched and found it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin it